Monday, May 27, 2013

Sample Letter to Your Creditors for Debt Settlement

One of the most important rules to follow when it comes to debt settlement is to always communicate with the original creditor or debt collector through letters. It should be sent through registered mail with return receipt requested so that you have a paper trail of your transactions. If you are not sure how to go about writing a debt settlement letter, here are some samples to help you get started. Remember that you have to craft the letter to fit your unique situation so don’t just copy and paste. Make sure that you review it before sending so your letter becomes more effective.  

Part I of this report gives sample letters you can write to your original creditors. These include an unsolicited settlement offer, a letter countering a creditor’s offer, a letter of acceptance to a verbal offer, and a debt settlement agreement. Don’t forget to send your letters via registered mail with return receipt requested.

Settlement Offer Letter

Date

Your Name
Your Address (Street Number, Street Name)
City, State, and Zip Code
Your Phone number

(Name of Creditor)
(Creditor Office Street Number and Address)
(City, State, and Zip Code)

RE:  Account #_________________

Dear Sir/Madam (if you know the name of the person in charge, the better),

I have been unable to make payments on my account with your company which shows an outstanding balance of $___________ because of financial hardships that I am experiencing. (You can give a short explanation of what has caused the hardship but be professional in your explanation.)  

I feel that I have a moral obligation to pay this debt but do not have enough money to pay it fully. However, I would like to offer a settlement amount of $ __________ which will consider this debt paid in full.

I sincerely hope that you will be able to accept this offer inasmuch as it is all I can afford. Should you accept this settlement offer, please send me a letter stating that you also agree to these terms: 

1.    That you are accepting my one-time lump sum payment of $____________ as full payment of the outstanding balance of $____________ which I owe to your company and that no future litigation related to this account number will be filed against me;
2.    That you are going to report to the credit bureaus (Experian, Trans Union, and Equifax) that this debt has been “Paid” and that any negative listing related to this account be removed.
3.    That you are going to send proof that the debt has been satisfied as soon as my funds have cleared.

When I receive your letter agreeing to this settlement, I will immediately send you the agreed amount so I can get this burden behind me (you can also ask them to sign a debt settlement agreement that you have already prepared and send you a copy). I appreciate your consideration of my offer. Thank you very much for your time.

Sincerely yours,


Signature over Printed Name


Find more articles on debt settlement  by just clicking on this link: http://consolidatedebtguide.org

Here are more interesting articles:

No comments:

Post a Comment